REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
SARTELL-ST. STEPHEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO 748
APRIL 19, 2021
DISTRICT SERVICE CENTER BOARDROOM
The regular school board meeting of Independent School District 748 was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair Jeremy Snoberger. Members present: Snoberger, chair; Jason Nies, vice chair; Amanda Byrd, clerk; Matt Moehrle, treasurer; Patrick Marushin, director; Tricia Meling, director; and Jeff Schwiebert, superintendent. Members absent: none.
A motion was made by Nies and seconded by Moehrle to APPROVE THE AGENDA AS PRESENTED. All in favor. Motion carried.
A motion was made by Marushin and seconded by Meling to APPROVE CONSENT ITEMS A.4.a – A.4.f AS PRESENTED BELOW. All in favor. Motion carried.
A.4.a. Minutes of the special school board meeting held on March 1, 2021
Minutes of the regular school board meeting held on March 15, 2021
Minutes of the school board work session held on April 14, 2021
A.4.b Checks in the amount of $1,092,168.16 as presented:
General Fund 723,516.49
Food Service Fund 107,186.74
Transportation Fund 191,067.52
Community Service Fund 10,630.98
Capital Expenditure Fund 49,109.99
Activity Accounts 8,793.62
Internal Service Fund 1,862.82
Check numbers 180749 – 181001
ACHs in the amount of $5,875.20 as presented:
General Fund 4,331.22
Food Service Fund 107.00
Activity Accounts 1,436.98
ACH numbers 202000103-20200117
Receipts in the amount of $5,356,384.23 as presented:
General Fund 4,890,263.04
Food Service Fund 257,904.03
Transportation Fund 38,882.54
Community Service Fund 47,479.73
Capital Expenditure Fund 96,060.98
Building Fund 99.91
Activity Accounts 13,713.46
Internal Service Fund 11,980.54
Receipts 48593 – 48730
Wire transfers in the amount of $2,021,334.77 as presented:
General Fund 1,529,266.47
Food Service Fund 56,791.03
Transportation Fund 25,249.36
Community Service Fund 41,060.26
Capital Expenditure Fund 25,562.50
Building Fund 567.68
Activity Accounts 6,669.00
Internal Service Fund 336,168.47
Wire transfers 202000477-202000568
Building Fund Checks in the amount of $113,774.33 as presented:
Building Fund 113,774.33
Check number 601209
A.4.c Approve resolution accepting the following donations: Sartell-St. Stephen Education Foundation, Riverview Intermediate, $71,460.06, Riverview Intermediate School Campaign; Sartell-St. Stephen Pre K-5 PTO, ISD #748, $198.31, donation for classroom supplies at Riverview Intermediate; Sartell-St. Stephen Pre K-5 PTO, ISD #748, $348.65, donation for classroom supplies at Riverview Intermediate; Sartell-St. Stephen Pre K-5 PTO, ISD #748, $512.35, donation for classroom supplies at Riverview Intermediate.
A.4.d Accept the resignation of Rebekah Arnold, SHS, SPED, end of school year; Sunday Chan, SHS, food service worker, 3/25/21; Robert Graham, SHS, part-time cleaner (7-10:30 p.m. position only), 4/9/21; Steven Gregory, ORELC, lead custodian, 4/1/21; Vicky Knickerbocker, PMPS, student supervisor, 4/15/21; Naomi Kuplic, SMS, LTS global studies, end of school year; Chelsey Mersbergen, SMS, Spanish/EL, end of school year. Accept the retirement of Jeff Frank, RIS, fourth-grade, 8/11/21; Donna Kellor, SMS, English/LA, end of school year.
A.4.e Approve the Bylaws with the Benton-Stearns Education District.
A.4.f Approve student teacher agreements with; Minnesota State University Moorhead; Luther College; University of Mary; Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Student Representative Report: Courtney Snoberger
- Snoberger reported on happenings around the district. Oak Ridge celebrated the week of the young child by hosting an interactive play day and a dress-your-best day. The musical concerts are in process of being recorded and will be shared via video for families. Pine Meadow students are practicing good digital citizenship with the theme of be safe online. The Sabre Strong focus this month is on being respectful on the bus. Riverview students are also practicing being respectful on the bus via the Sabre Strong program. Students will begin taking the MCA tests next week. The Minnesota DNR awarded a grant in support of the School Forest at Riverview Intermediate. At the High School, students continue to be recognized for achievements through Sabre Shout-Outs. Teachers have recently received their third equity staff training. Both the Student Council and Future Educators Association recently finished food drives to support COVID relief and for Anne Marie’s Alliance. Student Council was awarded the National Gold Council of Excellence by National Student Council. Student Council and National Honor Society hosted the state convention during the weekend with additional events planned for the week, including a homecoming celebration continuing the theme from the state convention of Leadership in the Game of Life. Spring sports have started their seasons along with the spring musical. Prom will be held on May 22.
Superintendent Report: Jeff Schwiebert
- Schwiebert reported on the work the students did hosting the Student Council/National Honor Society State Convention. High School and Middle School students expressed their first-amendment rights in participating in a walkout conducting themselves appropriately and recognizing the consequences that come along with it. With the events occurring this week in the Twin Cities, school schedules will not change, but conversations are occurring with items being shared from the Department of Education. Director of Human Resources Krista Durrwachter is working with incoming Superintendent Dr. Jeff Ridlehoover on dates when he will be in the district.
District Finance Report:
- Director of Business Services, Joe Prom provided an update on district finances.
- Superintendent Jeff Schwiebert and Director of Human Resources Krista Durrwachter provided an update on how the district is moving forward with COVID-19.
- Superintendent Jeff Schwiebert reported on the current enrollment numbers for each school.
School Board Committee Report:
- Director Marushin reported on the policy committee meeting held on April 14.
- Chair Snoberger reported on the community outreach committee that met with the City of Sartell and the recent equity committee meeting, which is ready to present to the School Board at a work session.
- Treasurer Moehrle reported on current happenings at the legislature from the latest update from SEE.
A motion was made by Nies and seconded by Moehrle to APPROVE #1-43:
Nicole Ackerman, ORELC, Para, $16.42/hour, RIV, S1, 6.25 hours/day, new position remainder of 20-21 SY, 4/12/2021; Kirralee Adams-Scott, SHS, food service worker, $15.89/hour, RI, S1, 3 hours/day, replacing Sunday Chan, 3/24/2021; Nancy Avery, SMS, temp FSW – meal bundles, $18.30/hour, R1, S4, Monday – 4 hours/day, Tuesday – 4.25 hrs/day, replacing Priscilla Lessard, 4/12/2021; Vanessa Brenny, SHS, assistant track – outside funded, $1,995 (9.5 percent), BA, Step A ($42,002), replacing Darrin Morrison, 4/5/2021; Shelby Burg, ORELC, para, $16.42/hour,RIV, S1, 3 hours/day, replacing Londa Cruze, 4/6/2021; Bethany Calhoun, SHS, part-time cleaner, $16.89/hour, RI, S2, 3.5 hours/day, 185 days/year, replacing Robert Graham – additional assignment, 4/7/2021; Tracy Christian, PMPS, para, $18.52,RIV, S3, 6.25 hours/day, returning from leave, 3/19/2021; Matt Darling, SMS, seventh-/eighth-grade softball, $1,890 (4.5 percent), BA, Step A ($42,002), replacing Jerry Kampa, 4/6/2021; David Deminsky, SHS, assistant baseball – outside funded, $3.990 (9.5 percent), BA, Step A ($42,002), replacing Nick Koubsky, 3/22/2021; Cheryl Freihammer, RIS, Head Cook, $29.39/hour, RVIII, S7, .25 hour/day, additional time due to higher student enrollment, 2/8/2021; Elizabeth Gogolin, RIS, Elementary Education – fourth-grade, $44,666, BA10, Step A, replacing Jeff Frank, 8/25/2021; Janette Gronseth, SMS, food service worker, $15.89/hour, RI, S1, 3 hours/day, replacing Jeannie Klehr, 3/22/2021; Heather Hofer, PMPS, social worker, $58,143, BA30, Step I, new position, 8/25/2021; Michael Knight, SHS, assistant boys golf, $3,087 (7.35 percent), BA, Step A ($42,002), replacing Brock Swanson, 3/29/2021; Emma Laudenbach, SMS, seventh/eighth-grade softball, $1,890 (4.5 percent), BA, Step A ($42,002), replacing Kim Mitchell, 3/29/2021; Priscilla Lessard, ORELC, custodian, $18.95/hour, RIII, S2, 8 hours/day, 260 days/year, replacing Amber Coons, 3/29/2021; Theresa Maas, SHS, ESY teacher, $32.50/hour, 18 days, summer school, 6/7/2021; Katie Martin, SHS, assistant girls golf, $3,087 (7.35 percent), BA, Step A ($42,002), replacing Nolan Frank, 3/29/2021; Julia Massmann, SHS, Spanish, $52,645, MA, Step A, replacing Emily Meyer, 8/25/2021; Jason Menth, SHS, assistant principal, $105,000, 260 days/year, replacing Sara Michaelson, 7/1/2021; Danielle Morrison, ORELC, food service worker, $15.89/hour, RI, S1, 3 hours/day, replacing Priscilla Lessard, 4/14/2021; Trever Nordlund, SHS, business education, $53,665, MA, Step B, replacing Rustie Froemming, 8/25/2021; Alyssa Olson, SMS, eighth-grade global studies, $44,044, BA, Step C, replacing Naomi Kuplic/Jason Spohn, 8/25/2021; Nichole Perius, ORELC, Kindergarten, $74,843, MA30, Step M, replacing Sarah Garrigan (LOA), 8/30/2021; Jill Peterson, ORELC, AM cashier, $15.89, RI, S1, 1.5 hour/day, replacing Priscilla Lessard, 4/6/2021; Brennan Rath, SMS, seventh-grade baseball, $2,074 (4.5 percent), BA, Step A ($42,002), replacing Nick Szymanski, 4/6/2021; Christine Ravenberg, ORELC, para, $16.42/hour, RIV, S1, 6.5 hours/day, replacing Kaylee Johnson (LOA), 4/19/2021; Haley Robben, ORELC, part-time cleaner, $15.89/hour, RI, S1, 4 hours/day, 185 days/year, replacing Jeff Rutten, 4/6/2021; Dr. Megan Rogholt, DSC, K-8 curriculum coordinator, $82,000, .85 FTE, 220 days/year, replacing Dawn Gent, 7/1/2021; Diane Roob, RIS, MTSS interventionist, $81,535, MA30, Step R, new position, 8/30/2021; Luke Rude, RIS, school counselor, $68,787, MA30, Step I, replacing Shannon Zinken, 8/30/2021; Jennifer Rueckert, SHS, art , $48,125, BA, Step G, replacing Deb Rollings, 8/30/2021; Jeff Stang, SHS, SPED-DCD, $53,047, BA30, Step D, replacing Geri Watkins, 8/30/2021; Lisa Thielen, SMS, seventh/eighth-grade softball, $1,890 (4.5 percent), BA, Step A ($42,002), replacing Abigail Swenson, 3/26/2021; Joseph Vanek, SHS, family and consumer sciences, $46,703, BA10, Step C, replacing Kali Olsen, 8/25/2021; Isaiah Wallace, SMS, junior high track, $1,890 (4.5 percent), BA, Step A ($42,002), replacing Noel Meyer/Matt Darling, 4/6/2021; Hailey Winter, RIS, SPED-DCD, $42,002, BA, Step A, replacing Jessie Mortensen, 8/25/2021; Brittany Witt, SHS, art, $3,499, .0833 FTE, 1 block-fourth quarter, Jessica Boline leave, 4/5/2021.
New Employees – Pending Licensure:
Breanna Hess, RIS, elementary education – fourth-grade, $42,002, BA, Step A, replacing Diane Roob, 8/25/21; Lisa McMullen, SHS, SPED, $42,002, BA, Step A, replacing Alicia Dammen, 8/25/21.
Leaves of Absence:
Stacy Clitty, SHS, receptionist, LOA, 7/1/21-2/1/22; Cheryl Freihammer, RIS, head cook, intermittent LOA, 4/26/21-end of school year; Emily Schmit, SHS, English, LOA, 8/30/21-11/8/21.
All in favor. Motion carried.
A motion was made by Marushin and seconded by Nies TO APPROVE CONTRACT WITH MINNESOTA SCHOOL EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION REPRESENTING PARAPROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEE GROUP. All in favor. Motion carried.
Schedule Work Session and Committee Meetings:
- Future Board Work Session – Wednesday, May 5, 2021 @ District Service Center – 5:30 p.m.
- Future Regular Board Meeting – Monday, May 17, 2021 @ Sartell High School – 6:30 p.m.
Official Review of Policies:
The Board had the official review of policy: 303, 304, 305, 402, 403, 405 and 417.
The Board had the first reading of revisions of policies: 406, 407 and 412.
Committee Assignments were reviewed.
A motion to ADJOURN THE MEETING AT 7:01 p.m. was made by Marushin and seconded by Nies. All in favor. Motion carried.
/s/ Amanda Byrd, clerk
Publish: May 28, 2021