by TaLeiza Calloway
As summer winds down, so do festival offerings.
The good news is there are still a few ahead that are within minutes of St. Joseph. Residents can journey to Cold Spring next weekend for the city’s annual Hometown Pride Festival. In its 33rd year, festivities include carnival games, inflatables for children, belt-sander races and a human truck pull. Here’s a schedule of events.
Thursday, July 26
Rocori Royalty Pageant, 7 p.m., St. Boniface Church
Friday, July 27
• Communitywide Garage Sales and Downtown Sidewalk Sales – All Day
• Cold Spring Area Chamber’s Community Breakfast – 7:30-10 a.m., St. Boniface Parish Center
• Friends of the Library Book Sale – 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Cold Spring City Hall
• Beer garden, music, food stands – 10 a.m.-midnight, American Legion parking lot, Cold Spring
• Loveable Pet Contest –Noon, Cold Spring Veterinary Clinic
• Stearns County Dairy Princess serving free ice cream –Noon-3 p.m., Main Street by WealthCare Inc.
• Medallion Hunt – 1 p.m., clues at American Family Insurance
• Bean Bag Toss – 3 p.m.
• Human Truck Pull – 6 p.m., Main Street
• Belt Sander Races – 7:30 p.m., American Legion parking lot
• Max and The Boys – Beginning after the belt-sander races – 9-11 p.m.
Saturday, July 28
• Communitywide Garage Sales and Downtown Sidewalk Sales – all day
• 32nd Annual Cars by the Creek Show – 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Rocori Middle School grounds; classic cars, tractors and snowmobiles
• Red River Run – 8 a.m., Cold Spring Elementary
• Craft Sale – 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Main Street in front of the Pillar Inn
• Watercolor Show – 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Alanon Building, CR 2
• Friends of the Library Book Sale – 10 a.m.-1 p.m., City Hall
• Old-Tyme Music with Kevin Ruprecht Band – Noon-4 p.m., Legion parking lot
•Firefest, fundraiser for the Cold Spring Fire and Rescue Department, gates open at 4 p.m., Cold Spring Brewery Distribution Center
Additional information can be found at hometownpridedays.com.