REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
SARTELL-ST. STEPHEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO 748
MARCH 15, 2021
SARTELL HIGH SCHOOL
The regular school board meeting of Independent School District 748 was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair Jeremy Snoberger. Members present: Snoberger; Jason Nies, vice chair; Amanda Byrd, clerk; Matt Moehrle, treasurer; Patrick Marushin, director; Tricia Meling, director; and Jeff Schwiebert, superintendent. Members absent: none.
A motion was made by Moehrle and seconded by Marushin to APPROVE THE AGENDA AS PRESENTED. All in favor. Motion carried.
A motion was made by Nies and seconded by Meling to APPROVE CONSENT ITEMS A.4.a – A.4.c AS PRESENTED BELOW. All in favor. Motion carried.
A.4.a. Minutes of the regular school board meeting held on Feb. 22, 2021
Minutes of the superintendent interviews held on March 2, 2021
Minutes of the superintendent interviews held on March 3, 2021
Minutes of the superintendent finalist interviews held on March 8, 2021
Minutes of the superintendent finalist interviews held on March 10, 2021
Minutes of the superintendent finalist interviews held on March 11, 2021
A.4.b. Checks in the amount of $707,152.69 as presented:
General Fund 397,724.18
Food Service Fund 65,240.92
Transportation Fund 176,142.84
Community Service Fund 1,615.21
Capital Expenditure Fund 61,595.84
Activity Accounts 20.00
Internal Service Fund 4,813.70
Check numbers 180610 – 180748
ACHs in the amount of $2,482.34 as presented:
General Fund 2,269.09
Food Service Fund 103.26
Activity Accounts 109.99
ACH numbers 202000094-20200102
Receipts in the amount of $4,572,904.23 as presented:
General Fund 4,250,633.89
Food Service Fund 201,951.43
Community Service Fund 44,687.38
Capital Expenditure Fund 54,981.45
Building Fund 92.25
Activity Accounts 8,544.20
Internal Service Fund 12,013.63
Receipts 48478 – 48592
Wire transfers in the amount of $799,805.90 as presented:
General Fund 523,616.83
Food Service Fund 20,183.73
Transportation Fund 9,402.48
Community Service Fund 13,289.90
Capital Expenditure Fund 11,581.09
Building Fund 10,157.65
Internal Service Fund 211,574.22
Wire transfers 202000429-202000476
Building Fund Checks in the amount of $66,545.18 as presented:
Building Fund 66,545.18
Check number 601205 – 601208
A.4.c. Accept the resignation of Londa Cruze, ORELC, para, 3/12/21; Alicia Dammen, SHS, SPED, 6/4/21; Richael Deming, Transp, bus driver, 2/7/21; April Greeley, SMS, Grade 8, end of school year; Emily Meyer, SHS, Spanish, end of school year; Sara Michaelson, SHS, assistant principal, 6/30/21; Kali Olsen, SHS, family consumer science, end of school year; John Ross, SHS, business education, 3/26/21; Jason Spohn, SMS, Grade 6, end of school year; Geralyn Stock, SMS, cashier, 3/19/21. Accept the retirement of Michelle Gohl, SHS, para, 6/4/21; Jarolyn Watkins, SHS, SPED, end of school year.
Student Representative Report: Sophia Speckhard
- Speckhard reported on happenings around the district. Oak Ridge students met their reading goal of 103,000 minutes and earned four pies to put in four teachers’ faces. As of today there are 251 kindergarteners registered for next year’s class. Oak Ridge and Pine Meadow students have started using their STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Music) labs as they are fully functional. Pine Meadow had a successful book fair last week. Riverview students finished parent teacher conferences, which went very well in a virtual format. The building is having a “March Book Madness” challenge for students. High School students also held conferences virtually, which were met with equal success as progress reports were sent to students and families. The dance team won both the jazz and high kick competitions at the state championship, math league is competing in the state championship today, boys swim placed first in the section tournament, two students will compete at the state Nordic ski championship, orchestra performed their concert last week and choir is performing tonight. Student Council is hosting a blood drive on March 17 and a Powder Ridge laser tubing event was held. National Honor Society held their academic breakfast.
Superintendent Report: Jeff Schwiebert
- Schwiebert will give a tour of all district buildings to new board members, Matt and Tricia, next Monday. As stated, by Sophia, all STEAM labs are actively operating in each building. Sartell Middle school teacher Lori Dornburg was recently recognized by the VFW as the State Teacher of the Year Grades 6-8. Options for streaming future board meetings via YouTube live were discussed with the board. The Community and Outreach Committee will meet with representatives from the City of Sartell Thursday, March 25.
American Indian Parent Advisory Committee (AIPAC) Report:
- Principal Jason Mielke reported on the American Indian Parent Advisory Committee (AIPAC) meeting.
District Finance Report:
- Director of Business Services Joe Prom provided an update on district finances.
- Superintendent Jeff Schwiebert and Director of Human Resources Krista Durrwachter provided an update on how the district is moving forward with COVID-19.
- Superintendent Jeff Schwiebert reported on the current enrollment numbers for each school.
School Board Committee Report:
- Treasurer Moehrle reported on the winter SEE virtual meeting he attended.
A motion was made by Nies and seconded by Moehrle to APPROVE #1-24:
Kirralee Adams-Scott, SHS, temporary food service worker, $15.89/hour, RI, S1, 3 hours/day, temporary coverage, 3/8/2021; Sunday Chan, SHS, food service worker, $15.89/hour, RI, S1, 3 hours/day, replacing Amber Coons, 3/5/2021; Amber Coons, ORELC, head custodian, $23.84/hour, RVIII, S3, 8 hours/day, 260 days/year, replacing Lori Tchida, 3/15/2021; Mikayla Emslander, PMPS, cafeteria worker, $15.89/hour, RI, S1, 2.5 hours/day, replacing Sarah Zehowski, 3/5/2021; Alisha Frey, RIS, para, $16.42/hour, RIV, S1, 6.5 hours/day, new position, 3/1/2021; Jeannie Klehr, SMS, cashier, $19.09/hour, RI, S5, 3 hours/day, replacing Geralyn Stock, 3/18/2021; Christina Kruize, SHS, LTS math, $229/daily, BA, Step A, 44 days, replacing Kerry Trnka/Chris Durden, 4/5/2021; Janice Olson, SHS, cashier, $17.55/hour, R1, S3, 3 hours/day, temporary assignment, 3/15/2021; Jennifer Philbrick, SMS, para, $16.42/hour, RIV, S1, 7 hours/day, new position, 3/8/2021; Kathy Porwoll, SHS, cook’s helper, $20.60/hour, RII, S5, 5 hours/day, temporary assignment, 3/11/2021; Traci Schuneman, RIS, cook, $22.56/hour, RIV, S4, 6.25 hours/day, temporary assignment, 3/11/2021; Michelle Shouse, SMS, cashier, $19.09/hour, RI, S5, 3 hours/day, replacing Andrea Keske-Sovich, 3/18/2021; Shelly Starz, SMS, head cook, $26.42/hour, RVIII, S5, 6 hours/day, temporary assignment, 3/11/2021; Lori Tchida, RIS, Custodian, $22.23/hour, RIII, S5, 8 hours/day, 260 days/year, replacing Megan Hennagir, 3/4/2021; Megan VanHeel, ORELC, para, $16.42/hour, RIV, S1, 6.5 hours/day, new position, 3/9/2021; Michala VanHeel, ORELC, para, $16.42/hour, RIV, S1, 6.5 hours/day, new position, 3/3/2021; Carol Williamson, SMS, cook, $23.60/hour, RIV, S5, 7.75 hours/day, temporary assignment, 3/11/2021; Leslie Yasgar, ORELC, early childhood, $37,844, BA30, Step E ($54,063), .70 FTE, increase in assignment – addition of 3-year-old class, 2/1/2021; Shannon Zinken, SMS, school counselor, $56,725, MA, Step E, new position, 8/30/2021.
Leaves of Absence:
Anne Bang, SHS, ELA, LOA 5/24/21 – 5/28/21; Jessica Boline, SHS, art, LOA, 3/8/21-end of school year;
Jacob Ferguson, SMS, Science, LOA, 4/12/21 – 4/23/21; Sarah Garrigan, ORELC, kindergarten, LOA, 21-22 school year; Bruce Wagner DSC, part-time cleaner, LOA, 3/11/21-3/25/21.
All in favor. Motion carried.
A motion was made by Marushin and seconded by Nies TO APPROVE RESOLUTION ALLOWING FOR POTENTIAL BUDGET ADJUSTMENTS. On a roll-call vote, the following voted in favor: Byrd, Moehrle, Nies, Meling, Marushin and Snoberger. The following voted against: none. Motion carried 6-0.
A motion was made by Nies and seconded by Byrd TO APPROVE THREE YEAR CONTACT 2021-2024 WITH DR. JEFFERY RIDLEHOOVER. All in favor. Motion carried.
Schedule Work Session and Committee Meetings:
- Future Board Work Session – Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at District Service Center – 6 p.m.
- Future Regular Board Meeting – Monday, April 19, 2021 at District Service Center – 6:30 p.m.
Committee Assignments were reviewed.
A motion to ADJOURN THE MEETING AT 7:12 p.m. was made by Nies and seconded by Moehrle. All in favor. Motion carried.
/s/ Amanda Byrd, clerk
Publish: April 30, 2021