Smoldering manure believed to have caused fire

Smoldering cow manure and hay are believed to have caused a building fire in Brockway Township on Friday.

Victor Legatt, 62, of St. Stephen was stacking cow manure in a building when it began to smolder about 1:15 p.m., according to the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office. Round bales of grass hay from last year were also in the building.

No animals or other equipment were in the building at 10781 385th St.

The damage to the building appears to be moderate but numerous hay bales were ruined, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Fire departments from St. Stephen, St. Joseph and Avon answered the call.

Next Post

Community Calendar Click here for our
community events!
murphy granite

Hiring Columnist &


Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.