PineCone Pet Hospital

Sparks from damaged breaker start barn fire

A barn caught fire Feb. 8 when a breaker box was struck while a man was clearing snow.  The sparks set the hayloft on fire.

The fire started at 2:31 p.m. at 29633 CR 2 in St. Joseph Township. According to Sheriff Steve Soyka, Norbert Walz, 61, reported his barn’s hayloft was on fire. Walz was able to get all of the livestock out of the barn.

The St. Joseph Fire Department responded to extinguish the fire. They were assisted by Avon, Cold Spring, Richmond, Rockville, St. Stephen and Waite Park fire departments. The Waite Park Police Department and a DNR officer assisted with traffic control.

Stearns County Sheriff’s Office photo
Sparks from a breaker that was damaged while clearing snow started a fire in the hayloft.
Stearns County Sheriff’s Office photo
The fire started in the hayloft.
Stearns County Sheriff’s Office photo
The St. Joseph Fire Department responded to extinguish the fire. They were assisted by Avon, Cold Spring, Richmond, Rockville, St. Stephen and Waite Park Fire Departments.
Next Post

murphy granite NAMI Ad

Hiring Columnist &
Freelance
writers!
editor
position!

Categories

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.