by Mike Knaak
A man using a flammable solvent accidentally started a fire that extensively damaged at least three storage units May 29 at Ridgewood Self Storage.
The storage renter, Christopher Johnson of St. Joseph, was using the solvent to clean camping equipment when the fire started at 10:57 a.m., according to the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office.
Fire departments from St. Joseph, Sartell and Waite Park responded to the call at 8806 Ridgewood Road. The firefighters were assisted by St. Joseph police and Gold Cross Ambulance.
There were no injuries, according to the sheriff’s office.