CITY OF ST. STEPHEN PUBLIC HEARING
A public hearing will be held at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2013 in the St. Stephen City Hall Council Chamber for the purpose of discussing a variance application. The variance application applies to the set-back ordinance.
Parcel ID: 90.55830.0005
Property Owner: Richard Hansen
Property Address: 1 Main St. W., St. Stephen, Minn.
The public is invited to attend this public hearing. Written comments can be submitted to the city clerk at: 2 6th Ave SE, St. Stephen, Minn 56375 or via e-mail to email@example.com. All comments, written or oral, will be heard.
/s/ Cris Drais
City of St. Stephen City Clerk
Dated: Sept. 16, 2013
Publish: Sept. 20, 2013
REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
SARTELL-ST. STEPHEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT 748
AUG. 19, 2013
DISTRICT CENTER BOARD ROOM
The regular school board meeting of Independent School District 748 was called to order at 4 p.m. by Chair Michelle Meyer. Members present: Meyer; Mary McCabe, vice chair; Jason Nies, clerk/treasurer; Pam Raden, director; Krista Durrwachter, director; Dan Riordan, director; Mary Lindell, student representative and Mike Spanier, interim superintendent.
A motion was made by Raden and seconded by McCabe to approve the agenda with the following addition: ISD 748 – Sartell-St. Stephen, Minn. – 2004A Refunding Proposal. All in favor. Motion carried.
Chair Meyer thanked staff, guests and students for attending the meeting.
A motion was made by Raden and seconded by Riordan to approve consent items a-d as presented below:
1. Minutes of the meeting held on July 15 and Aug. 1, 2013.
1. Checks in the amount of $1,960,966.29 as presented:
General Fund 1,242,713.36
Food Service Fund 8,957.76
Transportation Fund 29,812.38
Community Service Fund 69,997.40
Capital Expenditure Fund 209,926.71
Building Fund 373,649.35
Debt Service Fund 2,135.00
Summer Rec Agency Fund 23,774.33
Check numbers 152650 to 152973
Receipts in the amount of $2,547,307.06 as presented:
General Fund 2,488,858.74
Food Service Fund 5,459.98
Transportation Fund 14,276.69
Community Service Fund 9,811.02
Building Fund 58.50
Debt Service Fund 24,325.22
Summer Rec Agency Fund 4,517.00
Receipts 38805 to 38849
Wire transfers in the amount of $87,941.94 as presented:
General Fund 87,490.34
Food Service Fund 24.43
Summer Rec Agency Fund 427.17
Wire transfers 201300005 to 201300013
- Accept the following donations:
|Stearns County Soil & Water||Sartell Middle School||$282.00||Phy-ed supplies|
|Kay Schnobrich||Sartell-St. Stephen Community Education||33 Books||Reader’s Digest books, hard cover and soft cover miscellaneous books.|
- Accept the resignations of Emily Penrod, ORE student supervisor, effective 08-13-13; Gaylen Bicking, SMS custodian, effective 07-31-13; Victoria Doyle, PME student supervisor, effective 08-18-13 and Laurie Conzemius, PME media specialist, effective 08-13-13.
Student Representative Report: Mary Lindell, senior at Sartell High School
- National Honor Society will have a new advisor, Karrie Fredrickson. The group recently participated in a ropes course team- building activity.
- Students are very excited about the device distribution and full-access opportunities that will ramp up at Sartell High School the week of Aug. 26 and at Sartell Middle School the week of Sept. 9
- Fall practices started on Monday, Aug. 12
Superintendent Report: Mike Spanier, interim superintendent
- Gopi Ramanathan, a 10th-grader at SHS, recently participated in the National Geography Bee.
- The district has had several staff presenting at regional and district workshops.
- The New Family Meeting will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 20 at the PME Media Center to provide families new to the area district-level information.
- The New Teacher Workshop will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 21, starting at the District Service Center and then in the new employees’ buildings.
- The All-Staff Breakfast will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 27 for all staff. Thank you to the Board
- Members who contributed to the event will be there to help serve and bring in the new year.
School Board Committee Reports:
Board Policy Committee
- The Policy Committee continues to review policies on a routine basis
- The Board Negotiations Team feels it is very close to having a tentative agreement with the teachers’ negotiating group. A few details are still to be completed at an upcoming meeting.
- The committee is working to move forward with the paraprofessional union.
- The committee is set to meet with principals and multi-union groups in September.
Sartell Senior Connection
- The group has several events planned for the fall from weekly activities to one-time events.
- The group appreciates the district and city support for facility and space usage and continues to explore enhancement opportunities.
- The committee met to further discuss the process for distribution of devices, how it will be handled and the processes and policies that are in place to move the full-access initiative forward.
- Board members will be able to help pass out devices and be at the distribution nights.
- In collaboration with the Sartell-St. Stephen Education Foundation, the first community presentation was shared at the August Chamber meeting.
Superintendent Search Update
- The Board had a work session to discuss next steps in the process and began to set-up a timeline of the search process.
- The Board noted the importance of the involvement of multiple stakeholders including staff and the community.
A motion was made by Durrwachter and seconded by Nies to AMEND THE AGENDA AND ADD TECHNOLOGY HANDBOOK AS #5 IN THE ACTION ITEMS. All in favor. Motion carried.
A motion was made by McCabe and seconded by Durrwachter to HAVE SECOND READINGS AND APPROVE THE REVISED POLICIES 406, 407, 414, AND 417. All in favor. Motion carried.
A motion was made by McCabe and seconded by Riordan to APPROVE THE PERSONNEL OMNIBUS RESOLUTION. All in favor. Motion carried.
New employees or changes:
|1.||Ross Anderson||SHS||9th-grade volleyball||BS5, 8.35% $3,053||Board-approved addition|
|2.||Karlye Barron||SHS||9th-grade volleyball||BS1, 8.35% $2,769||Replacing Madison Skudlarek|
|3.||Brendon Bruss||SHS||Assistant boys soccer||BS1, 9.5% $3,150||Replacing Eduardo Sliva|
|4.||Anna Burbridge||PME||LTS – elementary education||BA, S1 $33,158||Replacing Angela Seutter|
|5.||Nathaniel Conway||District Wide||IT Help Desk customer support||180/days$17.38/hr||New Position 2013-2014|
|6.||Melissa Dummer||SMS||Health teacher||BA, S2 20% $6,803||Rehire|
|7.||Rob Graham||SMS||Cleaner||$16.22/hr.3hrs/per day||Change in Assignment – Request to return to previous position.|
|8.||Rob Graham||SHS||Cleaner||$16.22/hr4 hr/per day||Change in Assignment – Nothnagle Vacancy|
|9.||Julie Grundhauser||SMS||Art teacher||BA, S1 .49% $16,247||Replacing Jess Boline (transfer to SHS 1.0 FTE)|
|10.||Kelly Hansen||District Wide||Homebound||BA +30, S4 $28.95/hr||Replacing Emily Carroll|
|11.||Allison Kuklok||SMS||Lunchroom supervisor||$12.65/hr||Replacing Deb Gallus|
|12.||Ashley Lehmeier||SHS||Assistant girls soccer||BS1, 9.5% $3,150||Replacing amber Dziengel|
|13.||Jorden Nelson||SHS||LTS language srts||BA, S1 47 days/$8,516||Replacing Michele Nelson|
|14.||Mo Odhowa||SHS||9th-grade (JV2) boys soccer||BS1, 8.35% $2,769||Replacing Lenny Raddohl|
|15.||Brian Peterson||SHS||7t-grade football||BS1, 6.35% $2,106||Replacing Outside Funded – Joey Olson|
|16.||Jordan Peterson||SHS||Assistant girls tennis||BS1, 7.35% $2,437||Replacing Emily Cooper|
|17.||Lindsay M. Poplinski||SHS||9th-grade girls soccer||BS1, 8.35% $2,492||Replacing Jenny Labonne|
|18.||Sara Sampson||SMS||Junior high girls tennis||BS1, 4.5% $1,492||Budget add for 2013|
|19.||Kristine Schroers||SMS||Lunchroom supervisor||$12.65/hr||Replacing Kadi Mathews|
|20.||Adam Thiel||SMS||Custodian – full time||R3, S1, $14.96/hr||Change in Assignment|
Leave of Absence:
|21.||John Bergeson||DSC||Transportation specialist||Leave of absence extension||07-01-13 to 06-30-14|
A motion was made by Riordan and seconded by Durrwachter to MOVE THE AGREEMENT ON THE LOCAL STEARNS COUNTY COLLABORATIVE TIME STUDY TO THE SEPTEMBER 2013 BOARD MEETING. All in favor. Motion carried.
A motion was made by Riordan and seconded by Durrwachter to APPROVE ISD #748 – SARTELL-ST. STEPHEN, MINN. 2004A REFUNDING PROPOSAL. All in favor. Motion carried.
A motion was made by McCabe and seconded by Nies to APPROVE TECHNOLOGY HANDBOOK. All in favor. Motion carried.
Schedule Work Session and Committee Meetings:
Policy Committee – Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013 at 4:15 p.m.
The Board completed official review of Policies 419 & 532.
The Board had first of two readings of revisions of Policies: 709 & 806.
Principal Evaluation Plan: Greg Johnson, principal at PME, and Brenda Steve, principal at SHS, presented on the Principal Evaluation Model that will be put into place for the 2013-14 school year.
Teacher Evaluation Plan: Kay Nelson, director of learning services, and Deb Rollings, teacher at SHS, along with Greg Johnson and Brenda Steve, presented on the Teacher Evaluation Model and outlined the Minnesota State Statute requirements, progress-to-date and next steps for development and implementation.
Employee Handbook: Nicole Hylen, director of human resources, presented the new Employee Handbook for the 2013-14 school year as the district is moving to a district-wide handbook. In the past, each building has had a handbook.
A motion to adjourn the meeting at 5:38 p.m. was made by Riordan and seconded by McCabe. All in favor. Motion carried.
Jason Nies, Clerk/Treasurer, Aug. 19, 2013
Publish: Sept. 20, 2013