Smoldering manure believed to have caused fire

Heidi L. EverettFeatured News, Sartell – St. Stephen, St. JosephLeave a Comment

Smoldering cow manure and hay are believed to have caused a building fire in Brockway Township on Friday.

Victor Legatt, 62, of St. Stephen was stacking cow manure in a building when it began to smolder about 1:15 p.m., according to the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office. Round bales of grass hay from last year were also in the building.

No animals or other equipment were in the building at 10781 385th St.

The damage to the building appears to be moderate but numerous hay bales were ruined, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Fire departments from St. Stephen, St. Joseph and Avon answered the call.

 

 

 

Author: Heidi L. Everett

Heidi joined The Newsleaders Oct. 30, 2020 after being a fan of the St. Joseph edition for 15 years. When she is not sharing local news and stories, she is a professor of strategic communications at St. Cloud State University.

Leave a Reply