by Dennis Dalman
The 12th annual Watab Township Fall Clean-up Day will take place from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26 in the parking lot of Pine’s Edge Grocery parking lot, 1490 110th St. NW, just off of Hwy. 10.
The clean-up service is provided for residents of Watab and Langola townships, including residents of Rice. It’s sponsored by those two townships with funds provided by Benton County.
People may bring to the Pine’s Edge parking lot the following items:
- Illegally dumped garbage and waste from road ditches.
- Tires. Each household is allowed to bring in up to four tires. There will be a $2 charge for each tire in excess of that amount.
- Scrap iron and demolition waste. That includes cement-type waste.
- Household appliances, including dryers, washers, refrigerators, freezers and television sets. There is a limit of one appliance per household. Any appliances exceeding the one-limit amount will cost $15 each.
- Absolutely no hazardous waste, camper or commercial refrigeration products will be accepted.
For more information, contact Watab Township Supervisor Craig Gondeck at 320-492-6814.